"I may have lost this Battle, but the war is far from OVER"

"I may have lost this Battle, but the war is far from OVER"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Fatal Flaw

Even the "Man Of Steel" has a weakness

After everything that has transpired within my 24 years of existence, everyday I still discover something new about life or see things differently the way I've seen them before. For this past few months I've been spending more time on reading books, watching movies, and listening to other people's stories and I always make sure that I wont let a day pass without learning something that is worth sharing to others.

I've made this commitment to my self: "I need to get better everyday"

But before I can get started I still need to figure out the weak spots that I have to focus on. And while on the process of identifying my weaknesses, an image of a very important person in my life suddenly popped out, and I said to myself "She is my greatest weakness,I am the Man Of Steel and she is my Kryptonite". Her eyes, her hair, her smile and everything about her, she has this "signature move" that can make me do anything even if it against my will (of course it is only a metaphor =)), but the more I think about her . . . The idea of "her" being my greatest weakness slowly fades away.


As I reminisce the times that I've spent with her, I finally realized that "she" isn't really my weakness, she is my strength!She is my Lois Lane because she made me felt love like no one else could. She is my "Yellow Sun" the source of my powers, because everyday that I have spent with her was full of great memories and happiness, she brought out the best in me! (Now I feel like singing "Coz' you bring out the best in me, like no one else can do, that's why I'm by your side . . .That's why I LOVE YOU.") She made me fly! I would not perish without her but losing her also means losing my powers, The Man Of Steel will become just a mere human being without super powers.


Realizing these things made me think again . . . "If she's not my greatest weakness, then what is my greatest weakness? my fatal flaw?" Then I finally realized . . . It was me, My greatness weakness is myself . . . the Darkside within me. The negative thoughts and emotions that resides within me. I cannot really remove that darkness but I have to deal with it. I have to focus more on the Light within me coz' it can overpower the Darkside. this time I wont let Darkness succumb my whole being . . . The Light within me might have dimmed because of the recent challenges in life that I have faced, but it never died and it never will.


"It may not be perfect but I believe even in the darkest soul
there's always hope,
people want to believe in something greater,
and it may be easier to hate,
BUT IT IS STRONGER TO LOVE."



As of now I feel like I am a superhero in the making, every challenge that I face in life will add up to my strengths as long as I don't allow it to defeat me."what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
and I know that I can, I really can, and I WILL GET BETTER EVERYDAY!



" There's a shadow inside all of us, 
but that doesn't mean that you need to embrace it. 
YOU decide who you really are"
Clark Kent (Smallville Season10Episode16:Scion) 

 
Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life. But I'd rather be your moon,
so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun isn't around.
--==Man Of Steel==--  

No comments:

Post a Comment